[Samba] Samba AD support with openldap and SASL

ShunLei_Pak at emc.com ShunLei_Pak at emc.com
Mon Oct 2 03:58:07 GMT 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to build Samba 3.0.23c for 2003 AD membership support.  My
understanding is that AD membership support requires openldap's client
libraries only.  Do I need to have SASL, REGEX and Berkeley DB installed
first before I build the client libraries?   I think I can skip Berkeley
DB but not sure about SASL and REGEX.

Since my target device has very limited memory and disk space, I'm
trying to get rid of unnecessary components.  For openldap, are the
"liblber" and "libldap_r" libraries sufficient for AD support?

I've been struggling with openldap.  I'd appreciate if someone could
post the "configure" options/switches for building openldap.

Thanks,

Pak Lei