[Samba] 75 seconds timeout when negotiating with smbd.

Wed Nov 29 10:57:30 GMT 2006

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 01:19:29PM +0300, Aleksandr Vinokurov wrote:
> The log you have requested is attached. Please describe what more
> sniffing you need, more than a tcpdump from my previous mail?
> A whole 'tcpdump -s 0' or what?

stdout of tcpdump is useless, what we need is the file that
is produced by tcpdump -s 0 -w /tmp/capture

But in this case it's not necessary I think. I was asking
for the debug level 10 log to see if anything else happens
in that timeout, but it appears not to.

You seem to have a problem with fam, samba seems to attempt
a connection to famd which seems too slow. Either compile
with --enable-fam=no or fix your famd :-)

Volker