[Samba] Windows XP share charset problem

Arlequín amahoro at adinet.com.uy
Tue Nov 28 18:29:06 GMT 2006

Hello, there

I want to connect to a Windows XP share using the following line in my fstab

\\WINDOWS-PC\SHARE /dir/to/mount/share smbfs
auto,umask=0002,credentials=/etc/winpassword,iocharset=utf8,gid=0,noauto 0 0

It mounts OK but I can't get the charset shown correctly for non-ASCII
chars like á ç ñ et cetera.

I've even tried using cpage=850 option when mounting without success.
I've looked for this issue on Samba documentation but wasn't able to
find an example on how to solve it.

Does anyone have any idea about how to deal with this kinda shares?

T.I.A.
--
Arlequín                             _o)
amahoro_AT_adinet_DOT_com_DOT_uy     / \\