[Samba] Question regarding logging of account deletion and disablement from smbpasswd

powderskier9 at hotmail.com powderskier9 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 24 19:14:11 GMT 2006

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to see what accounts have been
disabled or deleted through our smbpasswd file? According to the smbpasswd
man page;

"-d     This option specifies that the username following should be disabled
in the local smbpasswd file. This  is  done  by  writing a 'D' flag into the
account control space in the smbpasswd file. Once              this is done
all attempts to authenticate via SMB using this username will fail."

The above will only work for accounts that have been disabled. Is account
disabling or deletion logged anywhere else? I have been asked to obtain this
information for an auditor, thus the need for the info.

Thanks for your help,

powderskier