[Samba] execute-open access in samba

Alejandro Rodriguez Pineda joserodgt at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 23 00:19:03 GMT 2006

Hello,

i have the next problem: I installed samba server 3.0232 on a Fedora Core 6
used webmin to configure it.  i created a user in linux as in samba, then i
created a share directory in samba that maps to the linux directory TEMP
that has de permissions -rwxrwxrwx.  I then connect to the samba server from
a windows xp, the login works great and i can access the folder and even
copy files in it, the problem arises when i try to open the file, for a
example a txt, the server keeps throwing me an access denied messages, the
same happens if i try to copy a file from samba to the XP PC.  If i check
the permission on the copied file they are also -rwxrwxrwx and i am loggin
in with de owner of the copied file.

has anyone had this problem before, its pretty anoying.