[Samba] need unix to windows solution

James A. Dinkel jdinkel at bucoks.com
Wed Nov 22 15:07:54 GMT 2006

I've tried setting up Windows Services for Unix and it is a pain in the
rump, and I am a MUCH more experienced Windows admin than a linux admin.
Setting up Samba and creating a mount to a Windows share was MUCH
easier.

Anyway, on linux I know you use the smbmount command or use "mount -t
smbfs" but I would expect this to be different on Solaris.

James Dinkel
Network Engineer
Butler County of Kansas

There are 10 types of people in the world:  those who understand binary,
and those who don't.