[Samba] what OS do you use for Samba?

Aaron Kincer kincera at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 19:03:59 GMT 2006

I think this comes down to what works best for you. There isn't a magic
bullet or truly "best" distro out there. If you are unsure and/or want
something that is easy to configure and has support if you want or need
it, I would suggest checking out Ubuntu server. I've had great luck with
it and out of the box it only installs what you need. In other words, it
doesn't come with a GUI by default, but with apt-get, you could get one
up and running in very short order if you wanted one post-install.

I haven't tried the latest 6.10 (Edgy) release for server yet. Version
6.06 (Dapper) works great and comes with Samba 3.0.22 by default.