[Samba] Samba 3.0.21c searches trusted domains even if allow trusted domains=No

Jens Nissen jens.nissen at gmx.net
Mon Nov 20 10:51:15 GMT 2006

Samba 3.0.21c searches trusted domains even if allow trusted domains=No.
This can be easily found in the source:

winbind.c:process_loop() calls rescan_trusted_domains() unconditionally.
Is this a bug or a feature?

Could I safely replace this by
if (lp_allow_trusted_domains())
{
  rescan_trusted_domains();
}
Or do I break the code somewhere else with such a change?

I need some patch as I have a problem with Samba waking up the server
and everybody else via network/nmbd every 5 minutes (the rescan interval
is hard-coded in winbindd.h: #define WINBINDD_RESCAN_FREQ 300).

Thanks for help or advice, Jens