[Samba] upgraded to samba-3.0.23c = continous password prompts on shares

Elvar elvar at ooz.net
Sun Nov 19 09:59:27 GMT 2006

Is there a problem with nsswitch working correctly in FreeBSD 6.1? I'm
noticing that it is not pulling anything from the AD domain. Even with
the below configuration, it's not grabbing anything from AD.

group: files winbind
group_compat: nis
hosts: files dns winbind
networks: files
passwd: files winbind
passwd_compat: nis
shells: files

I have a FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE install and it's fine in that.