[Samba] can't join samba to win2k3 domain - please help

Senthil kumar Ramamurthy lihtnes78 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 17:07:31 GMT 2006

We have faced similar issues.
Try doing the following stuff, in /etc/hosts add a entry like this.

ip-address-of-samba-server <host-name/short-name of samba-server>.realm-name
<host-name/short-name of samba server>

In your case realm-name should be TEST.K12.IN.US <http://test.k12.in.us/>.

Please let me know if it fixes your issue.

Thanks,
SEnthil

On 11/18/06, panovdu at land.ru <panovdu at land.ru> wrote:

> Hello
>
> > Hello, I've managed to join four other samba servers to win2k3 domains
> > in the past but I am stuck doing so with samba-3.0.23c_2,1. I've
> > verified hosts / domain forward and reverse lookups succeed.
>
> I've got this type of error, when domain and samba machines were in
> /etc/hosts but I've forgot to put newline after the string with samba
> credenitals (it was the last string in file).
>
> ==
> Dmitry Panoff
> Network administrator
> Donetsk, Ukraine