[Samba] "I have no name!" shown as username

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Fri Nov 17 17:52:04 GMT 2006

Guillermo,

You never said specifically, but since you went ahead and made the
changes, I am assuming that the "valid users" really were users rather
than groups.  Leave the "@" off.

If, after doing Jim's suggestion of making sure that winbind is running,
it still does not work, you might consider the following:
There are some things that I don't understand why (I just do it if it
works.), but I _can_ tell you that some changes seem to require
restarting the client or restarting both the client and server.  I even
had a change that I made to a "username map =" file require me to rejoin
the domain, followed by rebooting everything.

Good luck,
Dale