[Samba] unix group membership -- broken in 3.0.23c?

Fri Nov 17 16:03:40 GMT 2006

On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 10:55:28AM -0500, simo wrote:
> I am starting thinking that maybe we should allow for a modular
> interface here, so that people can use what they prefer, for access
> control.

Not sure about this. We just went through great pains to
convert stuff to a NT-Token based model, I don't feel like
changing this radically again. The NIS stuff is the last
remains of the "old" name-based model, and the sooner we get
rid of that the better I think.

Volker