[Samba] PAM authentication to Active Directory

Gautier, B (Bob) Bob.Gautier at rabobank.com
Wed Nov 15 18:03:37 GMT 2006

I'm not entirely clear what you want to do, but you could look
at using just pam_krb5 (i.e. use AD's Kerberos functionality
for authentication) - that way, you won't need a domain join.

Bob Gautier

> Regards,
>
> Jean-Sébastien Pilon
> Systems Administrator
> Penson Financial Services Canada Inc.
> % Tel.: 514.841.9724 #269
> % Cell: 514.771.0365
> NOTICE: This email contains privileged and confidential
> information and is intended only for the individual to whom
> it is addressed. If you are not the named addressee, you
> should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
> Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have
> received this transmission by mistake and delete this
> communication from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
> guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could
> be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or
> incomplete, or contain viruses.
>
> AVIS: Le présent courriel contient des renseignements de
> nature privilégiée et confidentielle et n'est destiné qu'à la
> personne à qui il est adressé. Si vous n'êtes pas le
> destinataire prévu, vous êtes par les présentes avisés que
> toute diffusion, distribution ou reproduction de cette
> communication est strictement interdite.  Si vous avez reçu
> ce courriel par erreur, veuillez en aviser immédiatement
> l'expéditeur et le supprimer de votre système. Notez que la
> transmission de courriel ne peut en aucun cas être considéré
> comme inviolable ou exempt d'erreur puisque les informations
> qu'il contient pourraient être interceptés, corrompues,
> perdues, détruites, arrivées en retard ou incomplètes ou
> contenir un virus.
> --

This email (including any attachments to it) is confidential, legally privileged, subject to copyright and is sent for the personal attention of the intended recipient only. If you have received this email in error, please advise us immediately and delete it. You are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Although we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, we cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the viruses in this email or attachments. We exclude any liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided in this email or its attachments, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If this email contains an offer, that should be considered as an invitation to treat.