[Samba] proper usage of copy= parameter

Steve Feehan sfeehan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 19:35:05 GMT 2006

Hi. I'd like to use the 'copy=' parameter in smb.conf. I would like
for the template service (the one on the RHS of the 'copy=') to not be
a real service.

As an ugly workaround, it the 'template' I've set 'path=/dev/null' and
'browseable=no', but this also seems crude.

I saw the '-valid=' parameter in the smb.conf man page, and this seems
like the right solution. But it is suggested not to be used and it
seems to not be supported by samba 3.0.22 on SLES10.

Is there a better solution that I am missing? Thanks,

--
Steve Feehan