[Samba] URGENT problem in production enviroment 3.0.23c-1

Sander van Harmelen sander.vanharmelen at isp.solcon.nl
Tue Nov 14 13:58:53 GMT 2006

The patch works... Meaning that I now can change rights of a file I'm
not the owner of.

But I keep getting the "Cannot read or set the permissions for file
\\server\share\folder: initializing the SD failed" error when publishing
a new folder true frontpage.

Yesterday I got rid of the error on a test machine. Then I changed the
netbios name and the problem came back. After changing the netbios name
back again the problem still occours?!

Any pointers would be appriciated!