[Samba] Access denied when trying to copy a file to a samba share

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Mon Nov 13 03:43:19 GMT 2006

I have a fedora core 6 linux server that I am trying to set up a samba share on.  The rest of the computers on my network are running windows XP with all of the latest patches.  I am running a domain called nissley for my network.

I decieded to set up a samba share with user security because it appears to be the easiest to set up that still has security assocated with it.

I am able to connect to the samba share and browse the files but I can not copy anything to the share.  I am able to copy files from my samba share to my XP computer.  The user that is trying to copy files to the share is part of the group assinged to the directory the share is pointed to.

Here is my smb.conf file.  Any assisance would be apprecited.
[global]
workgroup = nissley
netbios name = MythTV Box
server string = MythBox