[Samba] Weird Samba upload performance on Gigabit network

Michael Gasch gasch at eva.mpg.de
Sun Nov 12 13:00:27 GMT 2006

hey david,

are you by any chance running OSX 10.4.8?
we had the same problem and it was related to samba & OSX (10.4.8). OSX
to an W2k3-Server was fine. so we thought it might be samba. but after
downgrading OSX to 10.4.7 everything was fine again. so the apple update
must have changed/ broken something. we did not look deeper into it. on
google groups we found one posting with the same problem but between OSX
and W2k. ftp, etc. was fine on OSX, only smb/ cifs was slow

hope this helps (anybody)
greez