[Spam] [Samba] smb.conf 3.0.7 -> 3.0.23c domain master problem

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 13:25:58 GMT 2006

Thanks for the clarification. Your error messages look similar to what I had
but I have not tested this in 6 months so I am going by memory here... I
believe the difference in our setups is that I have 1 samba server as a PDC
with domain security and domain logins ( no wins or winbind but ldap) and
other samba servers with security=user without domain logins (again no wins
or winbind but ldap) as fileservers and printservers. The PDC gets the same
error as below on most users from xp64 while the other servers connect
without any problems. As a result the affected users who can not login I had
to make them local accounts on their xp64 box with the same username as they
have on the network. This works fine for the other samba boxes.

Dale Schroeder wrote:
> > Here's an old bug
> > <http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2005-June/041399.html>
> > from 3.0.14, but it should have been fixed.  So, your best bet is to
> > post your smb.conf and any log files that have errors listed.  Then one
> > of the Samba gurus might be able to help.

This is my problem. I am not sure if it is fixed in the latest code but it
still existed after 3.0.14. I could test this as I have upgraded the PDC to
the latest samba.

John