[Samba] Samba 3.0.10 / Solaris 8 / Windows 2003

Brad Isbell bisbell at seedsofgenius.com
Tue Nov 7 00:15:46 GMT 2006

Any reason why you don't use security=ads and kerberos so that you
get single sign on for shares with your AD users?
This way they don't need to supply user/pass to samba shares as samba
kan handles the kerberos tickets issued when they logged on to the
win box.

The packages I downloaded from sunfreeware.com were compiled with the
configure option
 --with-ads=no

I tried downloading the source code and compiling myself, but when I run
configure it complains about the lack of a krb5.h file.

---------
checking for kerberos 5 install path... no krb5-path given
checking for krb5-config... no
checking for working krb5-config... no. Fallback to previous krb5
detection strategy
checking for /usr/include/heimdal... no
checking for /usr/kerberos... no
checking krb5.h usability... no
checking krb5.h presence... no
checking for krb5.h... no
configure: error: Active Directory cannot be supported without krb5.h

 I don't know a whole lot about Kerberos.  I see a few krb5 files
(mech_krb5.so, pam_krb5.so and krb5_asn.h) on the system, but no krb5.h.
  I also don't do a lot of my own compiles, so in the interest of time I
decided to try working with the Samba package I have- because at least I
was able to get it installed.