[Samba] Logging AD domain name in access.log

Cleber P. de Souza cleberps at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 12:09:50 GMT 2006

The difference I think is on the smb.conf.
When "winbind use default domain" is set to yes the Domain is attached
to the username using the char defined in "winbind separator" in your
example "+".
Check this values on your settings.
Use testparm with the "-v" option to show you all the options
including that were not defined in your smb.conf.

On 11/3/06, Gian Franco Baroni <baroni at firstsolution.it> wrote:
> Hi to all.
> Using Samba 3.0.22 on 2 identical systems (SLES 10).
>
> On the first system, Samba logs correctly AD domain name and user in the form DOMAIN+username in access.log.
> On the second one, it logs only the username, stripping away the domain name.
>
> The only difference is that the first system is part of a network with a w2003 server acting as a domain controller, while the second machine talks to a w2000 server. I don't think that could be the reason, but... Anyone has had the same behavior?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
>
> Gian Franco Baroni
> Technical Manager
> First Solution Srl
>

> Questa e-mail può contenere informazioni confidenziali. Se non siete il
> destinatario oppure avete ricevuto questa e-mail per errore, vi
> preghiamo di segnalare l'accaduto al mittente. Inoltre siete invitati a
> cancellare questa e-mail immediatamente. Qualsiasi uso non autorizzato
> (copia, diffusione, etc.) del materiale presente in questa e-mail è
> severamente vietato.

> you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in
> error) please notify the sender immediately and then destroy this
> e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the
> contents in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.
>
> --

***
Cleber P. de Souza