[Samba] "... is a domain, not a user" error

Dave Stuart dstuart at firsthandtech.com
Thu Nov 2 15:25:46 GMT 2006

Hello,

I too am having the problem outlined in the following post:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2006-July/122939.html

Is there any documented work-around?? It is a real pain to downgrade
since I am on a yum/rpm based system and yum "doesn't do" downgrades.

The problem seems to be that my machine name is "dave", and at the same
time, my user name is "dave"??

Note, I am not subscribed to the list, so please CC me directly on the
reply ..

Dave
--
David Stuart, FirstHand Technologies (formerly SIPquest)
Email: dstuart (at) firsthandtech (dot) com