[Samba] Re: Password change

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Nov 2 13:15:42 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 10:29 -0200, Cleber P. de Souza wrote:
> As Craig told, maybe you forgot the ldap admin account.
> I have another question about this.
> And if I want that an user change him/her account in a linux desktop
> using passwd, how can I set up the linux so that the samba password
> shall be sync too?
>
> Any idea?
----
you would have to alias the 'passwd' command to run an entirely
different script/program which is capable of changing multiple
attributes on your LDAP DSA or aliased over to smbpasswd (yikes!).

That is not entirely practical but certainly possible - if I recall
correctly, there was some mkntpasswd program that was shipped by
openldap some time back but I don't know if it is still included.

Craig