[Samba] Problem with copying large amount of files from w2k3/sp1 to Samba 3.0.23c

S. J. van Harmelen sander.vanharmelen at isp.solcon.nl
Thu Nov 2 13:01:56 GMT 2006

Jeremy,

I don't think so... I tried with 2 different Samba servers on different
switches. Also I tried it (with the same cables and switches) using a
Windows server instead of a Samba server, and then everything works
great and very fast.

So I doubt it very much. I will however give it a try using a crossed
cable to a temporary samba server. The real server is also an nfs server
for our Linux webplatform, so can't play with that one ;)

Come back with you as soon as I preformed the test (hope within a few
hours).

Sander