[Samba] Request for Feature: Debug IP List

Roland Hordos rolandhordos at tundraeng.com
Wed Nov 1 22:41:20 GMT 2006

Hi,

It would be very useful to have a parameter(s) that allows a list of IP
addresses, for which verbose debugging takes place.  This would be
extremely helpful for tracking odd cases that do not occur consistently,
and for troubleshooting machine-specific issues.

example smb.conf entries:

debug ip list level = 10
debug ip list = 192.168.0.151 192.168.0.136

Ideally this would be available at a share definition level, but global
would be good too.

Unless there's something I'm missing in the doc and google, current
logging occurs at the indicated "log level" for all shares, all IPs.

An example of another product where this has worked well for me is the
CommuniGate groupware server and I crave this type of debugging for my
current Samba issues.

Thank you.

Roland Hordos