[Samba] Unable to open most files within Linux from a windows share

Immanuel CRC Office office at immanuelministries.ca
Wed Nov 1 19:03:26 GMT 2006

I am trying to open files on my Linux box from a windows share. I can
browse to the directory, see the files, copy them to my computer, edit
them, save them and copy the files back (using Nautilus).

I can open a text file from the windows share with Gedit.

I can not open a text file with Kate: error: The file or folder
smb://pastor/SHARED FILES/text.txt does not exist.

I can not open an .xls file with OOo nor CXoffice Excel. They both open
a blank sheet - not the file. No error message.

System: Ubuntu AMD64: kernel 2.6.15-27-amd64-generic Default
Samba: 3.0.22

I've searched to see what others have said, and some say it is KDE's
fault. Some say it is a problem with OOo.

Does anyone have any other ideas or something to try? Do I have to get
this fixed by OOo and KDE? Let me know if I need to give more
information. Thanks for any help!

Crystle

--
Crystle Numan