[Samba] User Manager

Mark Johnson samba at astroshapes.com
Mon May 29 16:16:00 GMT 2006

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Volker Lendecke wrote:
>
>> On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 11:44:12AM -0400, Mark Johnson wrote:
>>
>>> I've used User Manager with no issues from the prereleases of 3.0
>>> through 3.0.6.  I have a need to upgrade samba so I installed 3.0.22.
>>> Now, User Manager complains that the "stub received bad data".  Not much
>>> in the logs indicate an issue.
>>>
>>> Any ideas as to what's wrong or how to debug it? I use LDAP as the backend.
>>>
>> Please open a bug report at https://bugzilla.samba.org and
>> upload debug level 10 smbd logs and a network trace of
>> usrmgr.exe operation up to the failure.
>>

> But please retest against 3.0.23rc1 first.

I think something is broken in 23rc1 with LDAP as the backend.
"testparm" did not reveal any issues with my config file, but all I get
is hundreds of messages in the smbd.log file that it couldn't connect to
the LDAP servers.  If I roll it back to 3.0.22, LDAP works fine.

Did something drastically change in 23rc1 for LDAP?  I noticed the
configure option changed and I tried it with auto and specifying
--with-ldap, but with the same results.

Mark