[Samba] Interdomain trust problem

Bostjan Müller neonatus at gmail.com
Fri May 26 13:17:04 GMT 2006

Hi,

I am trying to set up one way interdomain trust between two domains
(one is samba - samba pdc and the other windows NT 4 domain - Nt4
pdc), that are positioned on different subnets.

I followed the instructions on the web site:
http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba3-HOWTO/InterdomainTrusts.html#trusts1

And according to chapter "Samba as the Trusting Domain" added the
account on Win NT (after adding samba wins to the local wins server,
and to lmhosts with domain controler entry).
But when I try to add the NT server trust on Samba I get the following error:
net rpc trustdom establish WINDOM
[2006/05/26 15:03:53, 0] utils/net_rpc.c:rpc_trustdom_establish(4632)
  Couldn't find domain controller for domain WINDOM

I have read the samba docs and noted that it cannot be both wins
server and wins client, but I would like to add NT4 wins server to its
config so it would resolve the correct netbios name. I have also tried
using lmhosts on samba with the following entries:

cat /etc/samba/lmhosts
127.0.0.1 localhost
192.168.23.4 serverWIN
192.168.23.4 serverWIN#1b
192.168.23.4 WINDOM#1d

I woul really appreciate any help on that topic.

Regards,
Bostjan
--
buhdej evridej