[Samba] Samba and SSHFS

Benoit Gauthier gauthier at circum.com
Thu May 25 12:50:33 GMT 2006

(2006.05.25, 08:47)

Months ago, I created mounts from a Linux computer (Computer1,
hereafter) to other Linux computer using NFS, and I used Samba to
"see" these mounts from Windows computers on the local network of
Computer1. It worked fine.

I would now like to change the Linux-to-Linux mounts from NFS to
sshfs. I had no difficulty creating mounts from Computer1 to the
various outside computers using sshfs. However, Windows computers
can't see these mounts now!

Is Samba able to relay sshfs mounts the same way it relays NFS mounts?

Is a tweak required in the Samba installation?

Benoît

Benoît Gauthier, mailto:gauthier at circum.com
Réseau Circum inc. / Circum Network Inc.

Nouvelles/News http://circum.com

74, rue du Val-Perché, Gatineau, Québec (Canada) J8Z 2A6
+1 819.770.2423  télec. fax: +1 819.770.5196