[Samba] URGENT: Samba Won't Substitute %u In "Logon *" When LDAP Is Used

Brian White bcwhite at precidia.com
Tue May 23 02:31:15 GMT 2006

>>I don't have any values for these coming from LDAP.
>>It's the smb.conf settings that aren't getting the
>>%u (lower-case "u") expanded.
>
> Lower '%u' can only be used in a share (as a general rule).

Ah.  Okay.  That would explain why it's wrong.  I used it previously
(don't know the exact samba version) and it worked then so it must have
broken when I upgraded samba.  Unfortunately, all the ldap changes went
in at the same time so I assumed the problem had something to do with that.

Thanks for clarifying!

                                           Brian
                                  ( bcwhite at precidia.com )