[Samba] Does samba support Active Directory User Group name with space

Angela Cheng acheng at bycast.com
Mon May 22 19:51:47 GMT 2006

Hi,

I am using samba 3.0.20 and winbind 3.0.20 on Debian Linux kernel
version 2.4.27

ii  samba          3.0.20b-bycast a LanManager-like file and printer
server fo
ii  samba-common   3.0.20b-bycast Samba common files used by both the
server a
ii  winbind        3.0.20b-bycast service to resolve user and group
informatio

I was able to authentic with AD Domain and allow groups and individual
users to access the CIFS share from Windows.

However, there is a AD User Group name "ABC USERS" I need to grant
access to.  How do I specify the User Group name with space in between
in the samba share file.

In my AD-TEST domain, if I rename the "ABC USERS" to "ABCUSER", the
users within this group can access the share.

Sample share-testshare.inc
[testshare]
read only = yes
write list = @AD-TEST\ABCUSERS AD-TEST\ps