[Samba] smbd not starting

EHines eehines at comcast.net
Sun May 21 00:56:11 GMT 2006

I've never used webmin, but SWAT will construct a syntactically correct
smb.conf.  Of course, that just means that samba won't crash when you
start it; it does not guarantee that what you've configured correctly
from a syntax perspective actually will accomplish anything.  You can
check the config file, also, with testparm, which will check that the
sections are built correctly, and then let you see them explicitly.

Eric Hines

--
Those who are afraid to take the next step will have wasted their entire previous journey.
	--Baron Manfred von Richthofen