[Samba] sharing a printer

Ivan Ricotti ivan at elabor.homelinux.org
Fri May 19 10:57:06 GMT 2006

Hi folks,

I installed a Samsung ML-1610 on CUPS and on my linux server the printer do its
work fine. Now I'm trying to share the printer on my local network (windows home
edition clients).

My smb.conf:

[samsung]
        comment = Samsung ML-1610
        path = /tmp
        guest ok = Yes
        printable = Yes
        printer name = Samsung ML-1610

When I install the printer on the windows client all seems ok (my workgroup it's
ok, I browse the workgroup and I find the printer, I installed the driver) but I
can't print! :(
The printer status is always "paused" and when I try to access to the printer
from the control panel it says: "access denied".

Any hint?

Thanks a lot,
Ivan

--
Ivan Ricotti
eLabor sc - via G. Garibaldi 33, 56127 Pisa
email: ivan at elabor.homelinux.org
GnuPG KeyID: DFD581C5 - 13/11/2003