[Samba] Performance samba?

intel Man intel_man_intel at hotmail.com
Tue May 16 20:07:38 GMT 2006

Hello to all:

I have a problem apparently of performance, I have a software called
picaview, viewer of images, I make right click to a file. jpg and in the
samba server this it shows delays in showing the image.

Procedure:

- PC Win98 right Click .jpg            Normal
- Samba 3.0.21b right Click . jpg   Delay

Right click--- ESC right Click--- ESC right Click--- ESC several times to
prove

Can somebody reproduce this problem?

Thank you

My linux is:   Red Hat 7.2

[root at mail samba]# uname -a
Linux mail.copiservice.com.pe 2.4.9-34enterprise #1 SMP Sat Jun 1 06:05:54
EDT 2002 i686 unknown

My smb.conf:

[global]
        workgroup = USI
        netbios name = COPISERVICE
        server string = Servidor Samba %v
        smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        max log size = 20
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192
SO_SNDBUF=8192
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        dns proxy = No
        kernel oplocks = No
        lock spin count = 100
        lock spin time = 30
        ldap ssl = no
        message command = winpopup
        printing = lprng
        lppause command = lpc hold '%p' %j
        lpresume command = lpc release '%p' %j
        queuepause command = lpc stop '%p'
        queueresume command = lpc start '%p'
        oplocks = No
        level2 oplocks = No
        strict locking = No
[imdata]
        path = /data/img
        force directory mode = 777
        create mode = 777
        writeable = yes
        force create mode = 777
        directory mode = 777
        valid users = mgutierrez,marketing,admin

P.D.:

www.copiservice.com.pe/pica/

picaview.exe         software  PicaView
_1SS11KKDD_03.jpg    image test