[Samba] HA-Samba

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon May 15 16:58:34 GMT 2006

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 04:19:20PM +0200, Dr.Peer-Joachim Koch wrote:

> our file services is running on a gfs (global file system).
> Therefore we have a couple of machines seeing all the same
> file system and can work parallel on the file system.
>
> Is it somehow possible to run samba on 3-4 nodes
> with the same shares using ONE name ?
> So if one server fails, there are still enough other
> working nodes.

Not currently. There are several companies that have
this working, but it needs Samba support (I know SGI
have a version of Samba that will do this) - and this
needs merging back to the mainline version. It's fairly
high on our priority list, but very hard to do right.

Maybe James could comment more....

Jeremy.