[Samba] hold print jobs until I manually relaese

Indunil Jayasooriya indunil75 at gmail.com
Mon May 15 11:28:16 GMT 2006

Hi every one,

I am running cups and samba on Centos 4.3. printer prints immediately.
I do not need it. But I need to hold print jobs until I manually
relaese them . How can I do it ? pls let me know.

i went to many sites and did many things. But The problem is still
there? below gives some info I got it form the internet. I pls read
it. I actully need it.

pls help me.

pls read the below

CUPS can handle "-o job-hold-until=indefinite ". This keeps the job in
the queue "on hold". It will only be printed upon manual release by
the printer operator. This is a requirement in many "central
reproduction departments", where a few operators manage the jobs of
hundreds of users on some big machine, where no user is allowed to
have direct access. (The operators often need to load the proper paper
type before running the 10.000 page job requested by marketing for the
mailing, etc.).
"-o job-hold-until=indefinite
--
Thank you