[Samba] Samba ADS problem

jasmine mary jselvaraj at tiaa-cref.org
Fri May 12 21:30:33 GMT 2006

Hi

I am working with the implementation of Samba(3.0.7) against AD. I compliled
Samba after compiling LDAP, kerberos.I can execute the following commands
successfully.

wbinfo -u, -g -t
netads info, testjoin
getent passwd group

But i cant use chown to use the owner as AD user, even after shutting down
the nscd daemon.

I am giving the my smb.conf file

[global]
        workgroup = SE
        realm = SE.JASMINE.ORG
        security = ADS
        password server = SE.JASMINE.ORG
        log level = 3
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m
        wins server = ackdc02-coa.jasmine.org
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000

[jmj]
        path = /home/jselvaraj

When i try to get the jmj share, i am getting the error that "The referenced
account is currently locked out and may not be logged in". Even i am not
specifying the valid users attribute for the jmj share, i am getting this
error. If i set the valid user as "selara", the account is locked at the
windows while i am accessing the share. Is it the problem with WINDOWS AD
side or My Samba Server side?

Please help me out of this problem.

Jasmine