[Samba] Can one set limits on new core dump?

Doug VanLeuven roamdad at sonic.net
Fri May 12 16:01:31 GMT 2006

Jerry,
Mostly my fault.  I switched over from idmap_ad from xos
to the relatively new option idmap backend = ad several months ago
around svn 12802 or maybe even earlier.  Didn't delete the
old ad.so in lib/idmap so I could go back if I wanted.
Then forgot about it.

I've been running svn 12802 without any issue, but last night
I went to svn 15162 and filled up the volume with core dumps
while I was getting some coffee.
Everything is OK now that I deleted it.

Of course, you might be curious why it loaded?  I still have
some cores and panic output.

And of course I'm curious why you're overriding my ulimit,
and what I might do to override your override during normal
operations.

Regards, Doug