[Samba] Status column in Windows Clients

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Fri May 12 05:01:27 GMT 2006

John Traylor wrote:
> I have noticed when connecting to a samba printer share from a Windows
> client, the status column in the Printers window always shows "Access
> Denied" yet the network printer works fine. Why is this and how could one
> make it show "Connected"?
This depends upon how you are using printer drivers. If you have drivers
on the server, everything should "just work." If I'm not mistaken, you
may need "use client driver" if you are not using server-side drivers.

Check Google, though, this one has been dealt with many times.

--
|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  | | Ryan Novosielski - User Support Spec. III
|$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _| | novosirj at umdnj.edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent.| IST/AST - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630