[Samba] Problem with adding printer drivers in Windows XP

Tom savagephp at gmail.com
Thu May 11 20:13:59 GMT 2006

Well, I'm trying to add drivers to the server through the Properties
dialog box for my printer. Right click on the printer, left click
Properties, Advanced tab, New Driver button type of thing. Except that
the New Driver button is greyed out. I've checked and my user has the
SePrintOperatorPrivilege rights assigned to him but it still does not
work. I can write files and create directories in the
\\nightwolf\print$\W32X86 folder with both my user and the administrator
user. I can't make sense of the logs really, there's too much garbage in
them to make heads or tails of anything myself. I'd be happy to send
along a copy of the log files if someone could take a look; just let me
know what log level and which log files to send.

I appreciate your help.

Tom