[Samba] File creation permission issue

mzozak at xymox.com mzozak at xymox.com
Thu May 11 14:21:46 GMT 2006

When users create a file on this share, the files are created with
permission's equal to 764 (rwxrw-r--).  I want the permission's to be 760
(rwxrw----).  How can I accomplish this for this share?  Here is my .conf
for the global and this share.  My version of SAMBA is 3.0.20b-3 on
openSUSE 10:

Thanks in advance,

Mike

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = SCMC
        netbios name = SCMCSERVER1
        interfaces = eth0, lo
        bind interfaces only = Yes
        passdb backend = tdbsam
        smb ports = 139
        add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -m '%u'
        delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel -r '%u'
        add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd '%g'
        delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel '%g'
        add user to group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -G '%g' '%u'
        add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd  -c Machine -d
/var/lib/nobody -s /bin/false %m$
        preferred master = Yes
        wins support = Yes
        include = /etc/samba/dc-common.conf
shutdown script = /var/lib/samba/scripts/shutdown.sh
abort shutdown script = /sbin/shutdown -c
logon script = scripts\logon.bat
logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
logon drive = X:
logon home = \\%L\%U
domain logons = Yes
preferred master = Yes
domain master = Yes
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
log level = 1
syslog = 0
log file = /var/log/samba/%m
max log size = 50
smb ports = 139
name resolve order = wins bcast hosts
time server = Yes
printcap name = CUPS
show add printer wizard = No
shutdown script = /var/lib/samba/scripts/shutdown.sh
abort shutdown script = /sbin/shutdown -c
utmp = Yes
map acl inherit = Yes
printing = cups
veto files = /*.eml/*.nws/*.{*}/