[Samba] poor performance - multiuser fileserver database (ms-access)

daniel arjona arjonad at genco.com
Wed May 10 11:42:40 GMT 2006

Samba:  3.014a-Debian

OS: Debian 3.1 Release 1 Sarge

[global]
workgroup = REVLON
netbios name = FILE_SRV
security = user
encrypt passwords = yes
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
unix password sync = yes
socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
hosts deny = ALL
hosts allow = 172.18.40. 127.0.0.1
debug level = 1
create mask = 0777
directory mask = 0775
read raw = no
write cache size = 262144
# new setups
oplocks = yes
veto oplock files = /*.mdb/*.MDB/
server string = Samba %v

[shares]
comment = Data
path = /home/shares
valid user = darjona pc01 pc02 pc03 pc04 pc05 pc06 pc07 pc08 pc09 pc10
writable = yes
printable = no
browseable = yes

Daniel Arjona
Net Admin
GENCO Distribution Systems
http://www.genco.com/
8740 Robert Fulton Dr
Columbia, MD 21046
Ph: 410-872-0875 X12
Fax: 410-872-0877
arjonad at genco.com

                      Jeremy Allison
                      <jra at samba.org>          To:       daniel arjona <arjonad at genco.com>
                                               cc:       samba at lists.samba.org
                      05/09/2006 02:43         Subject:  Re: [Samba] poor performance - multiuser fileserver database (ms-access)
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      Jeremy Allison

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 02:40:32PM -0400, daniel arjona wrote:

> I have a file server running with Samba  over Debian Sarge 3.1 R1.  This
> File server store MDB and XLS files.  Could anybody give me an optimal
> setup for my samba server (smb.conf).  Actually, the performance is very
> poor.

What version of Samba is this ?

Jeremy.