[Samba] >4gb file corruption from NT4 to Samba

Nanni X nannix at nodalis.it
Wed May 10 08:51:38 GMT 2006

Hi,
I remember there was a kind of limit in file size running WNT4, perhaps just
at 4GB.
It is possible the filling with 0s exceeding the limit.
In addition, NTFS v5.0 (the W2000 fs) didn't have this limitation, so it
seems correct you have no troubles.

When MS released SP5 or SP6 for WNT, changes to filesystem stucture were
introduced to prepare the "field" for the new filesystem version.

You should try to apply the SP6 then transfer again your file(s).

Hope this helps

NanniX