[Samba] Samba or NFS for a new domain member server

scott samba at preventionpartners.com
Tue May 9 17:04:56 GMT 2006

Gary,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  My network is really small right now, so I can live with having to add the *nix groups locally.  For some reason, I just assumed that winbind, which provided usernames for the matching UID, would do the same for *nix groups.  I guess I really need to be using ldap, but that learning curve is going to be longer than I have to get these two servers in place.

Thanks again for your help.