[Samba] Unix extensions and symlinks dereferencing

Vladimir Kulev vladimir.kulev at gmail.com
Tue May 9 13:33:46 GMT 2006

I'll describe the situation. On the server there is a directory /home/user
shared as //server/user$, and symbolic link to /tmp in it.
If I access it via smbclient, I can browse into //server/user$/tmp and
access /tmp on server. Also I can manage file permissions through samba unix
extensions.
But if I mount it as cifs filesystem, samba does not dereference symlink,
and I can not access remote /tmp.

So, I need force dereferencing symbolic links without disabling unix
extensions. Does anybody know how to do it?