[Samba] Write access doesn't grant delete access?!

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Sun May 7 21:24:04 GMT 2006

Hi Jeremy,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you.

> > I didn't realise that Samba treated Delete access separately to
> > Write access - how do I grant Delete access on a folder?
>
> It doesn't. Can you post a debug level 10 log of a delete request
> please?

I'll send you the debug log off-list, but from the looks of it there's
an issue with the ACLs.  Samba says I don't have enough access to
delete files, which I could understand, except for the fact that I can
*modify* the file I'm trying to delete.  I would've assumed in this
case that I didn't have write or execute access to the directory,
but as far as I can tell, I do.

Thanks,
Adam.