[Samba] My Documents on Win98 in domain not persistant

Klaus nospam at gr7.com
Sat May 6 11:34:33 GMT 2006

Hi,

have created a domain and access to user dir is no problem, profile is
created and all seem OK, but it isn't. When I try to change the path of
My Documents on the local machines to their userdir on the server, I can
do it but when I close the properties window and then look again I get
the old entry and can't access it.
Access by the neigbourhood icon works well. Home directory on server ist
writable. I have to edit the registry manually to change My documents
path. What could be wrong?

Here part of my smb.conf:

#======================= Global Settings =======================
  [global]
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
	passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
	socket options = TCP_NODELAY
	obey pam restrictions = yes
	logon drive = C:
# Here I had logon drive = H: but I really not know what this is doing
	domain master = yes
	winbind trusted domains only = no
	encrypt passwords = yes
	logon home = \\servidor\%U\.winprofile
	passdb backend = tdbsam guest
	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
	wins support = true
	dns proxy = no
	netbios name = servidor
	server string = %h  %v
	printing = cups
	logon script = logon.bat
	default = homes
	unix password sync = yes
	local master = yes
	logon path = \\servidor\%U
	workgroup = cpr
	os level = 64
	printcap name = cups
	syslog = 0
	security = user
	unix charset = iso8859-15
	add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 110 -s
/bin/false -M %u
	max log size = 1000
	domain logons = yes
  [homes]