[Samba] Share Access

Gary Dale garydale at torfree.net
Sat May 6 03:10:29 GMT 2006

If you did the smbpasswd -a, then I would expect they would be mapped.
However, you are having a problem that looks like a mapping issue.
However, it could also be that the accounts have not been enabled.

Personally, I find it easier to add user accounts using SWAT. If your
scripts are set up properly, it's all you need to do. I'm a little leery
about getting too deep into the nuts and bolts by doing everything
manually. It's too easy to miss a step or get the order wrong. I prefer
to use the simple tools unless I have a good reason not to.  :)  When I
use SWAT to set up the users, things work.

I believe you can also use the Windows domain account tools if you have
them available.