[Samba] allocate_print_jobid: failed to allocate a print job for queue lbrmgt

Mineau, Kevin Kevin.Mineau at shopko.com
Thu May 4 18:02:04 GMT 2006

We have recently migrated from a package called Totalnet to Samba to
replace our file and print services.  File services are working great.

>From time to time we get a call that printing stops working.

I have found a post stating that it may be a file space issue.  After
checking, our file systems have plenty of extra space in them and have
never filled up yet.

Our current fix for this is to erase the print queue's tdb file.
   tdbtool /var/locks/samba/printing/lbrmgt.tdb erase

Q1. What sort of side affect are we introducing by erasing the print
queue's tdb file?
Q2. What steps can I perform in order to diagnose or fix the issue
permanently?

Details:
Samba 3.0.20b
OS - AIX 5.1 ML7