[Samba] Migration tool for mapped execute bits to EA-based storage for DOS attributes

Sean E. Millichamp sean at enertronllc.com
Wed May 3 15:14:53 GMT 2006

Hi folks,

All of my shares have been using the map (archive|hidden|system)
smb.conf options to represent the DOS attributes as needed.  Recently,
I've wanted to migrate to using the relatively new 'store dos
attributes' method but I did not see a migration mechanism.  So, I wrote
one.

I have used it to migrate a few shares to the EA-based DOS attribute
storage and so far it seems to work just fine.  However, it has not seen
what I would call extensive testing yet.

A little more info, and a link to the latest version, is at:
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Migration_Tools

I hope someone else will find it useful.

I welcome any feedback on it.

Regards,
Sean

--
 Sean E. Millichamp, Enertron LLC, 586-757-1200 x102