[Samba] Called NTLMSSP after state machine was 'done'

Carlos Zottmann carlos.zottmann at gmail.com
Tue May 2 20:46:38 GMT 2006

Hi !!

I am installing Squid-2.5 Stable 13, on a FedoraCore 5 x86_64 machine, doing
ntlm authentication through Samba 3.0.22, wich was installed via rpm.

Everything is working fine except that the browser every now and then asks
for the username and password.

I have done some basic samba tests, like wbinfo -t, wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g,
and everthing worked ok.

Looking at squid´s cache.log, I found the following error:

[2006/05/02 11:33:00, 1] libsmb/ntlmssp.c:ntlmssp _update(231)
  Called NTLMSSP after state machine was 'done'

Have anyone run into this yet?

Thanks in advance,